For converting and streaming TiVo shows to Apple TV 4/3/2/1, you'll need to convert TiVo to ATV supported media file first. Here is a simple how to.
The Apple TV is a vital link
in house-wide home audio network. Let's say you've recorded many favorite TV programs or football matches with TiVo or ripped from DVD and want to transfer them to Apple
TV for playing on big screen freely. This article discusses an easy way to get TV shows off TiVo and stream high quality TiVo files to Apple TV (4/3/2/1) from Mac.
TiVo digital recorder saves video files in its own proprietary format *.TiVo. While Apple TV (4/3/2/1) doesn't support TiVo files. So if you would like to play TiVo in Apple TV, converting Tivo to ATV compatible format is your ideal choice.
How to make it? Well, the user-friendly and professional Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac supports you to encode and stream TiVo to Apple TV without hassle. The main features of this TiVo to Apple TV Converter are high conversion speed with zero quality loss and supporting to convert from and to more than 150 formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, MKV, MOV, TiVo, etc. The equivalent Windows version is Dimo Video Converter Ultimate, which can convert TiVo shows to Apple TV in Windows PC (include Windows 10). Just download it and follow the steps below to get TiVo files into Apple TV.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac:
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... r-mac/digazgge.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download ... mate-for_46665.html
- Directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. ... r_ultimate_for_mac/
- Fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
How to convert
TiVo to Apple TV 4/3/2/1 quickly and easily
1) Launch the TiVo to Apple TV Video Converter and press "Add file" button to load your Tivo files, and you will be asked to enter TiVo Media Access Key. Simply input your TiVo Media Access Key and click "OK" to confirm.
2) Then, click the "Add file" button to import TiVo recordings to the TiVo convert tool for converting.
3) Click "Select Format" and select a target format. Choose Apple TV model from "Device > Apple" category as the output format, which will remove all the incompatibility issue for you. This TiVo to Apple TV Converter has a number of presets for Apple TV, Apple TV 2, Apple TV 3, and Apple TV 4rd Generation which can export an Apple TV 720p/1080p video with ac3 5.1 pass-through for AV receiver decoding.
Note that you can customize the settings for the output by specifying format and destination folder.
The TiVo recordings may needs a little trimming for viewing on Apple TV. The recorded TV shows and movies tend to have commercials, so you can use the converter’s Trim feature to get rid of these. Click "Edit" to activate this built-in editor.
4) When everything is ready, simple click "Start" button to start TiVo to Apple TV conversion.
Step 3. Transfer the converted TiVo videos to Apple TV
Once you ascertain that the conversion is successfully completed, you can import the file to Apple TV from Mac and stream them anywhere you wish to even in your TV as long as the file is Apple TV friendly.
Tip: How to transfer Tivo files to Mac?
Before working with TiVo files on Mac OS X, you need to first transfer TiVo video to your Mac. The best way is to download TiVoDecode Manager and transfer Tivo TV shows and movies to Mac.
a. Connect your TiVo to network
Refer to TiVo manual and make sure your Tivo is connected to home network
Set up an account at www.tivo.com and log in
Click "DVR Preferences" to Allow Transfers
Save it as common Preferences
Click "Overview" and tap the Media Access Key (MAK) link. Then your MAK will be indicated. Write it down for future use. Now you can log out.
b. Make your Mac is on your network and launch TiVoDecode Manager.
c. Check your TiVo on network
Enter TiVo's IP address in the TiVo IP Address box. Or let the software find it automatically by selecting TiVo from the pull-down menu and clicking the Update From TiVo button
Tap the Prefs button in the lower-right corner
Fill in the MAK with the number you got in step 1
Click Update From TiVo again
d. Transfer TiVo files to Mac
In the "Now Playing list", you will see a list of TiVo shows appeared.
Select the show
Click Add Show To Queue which will appear in the Download Queue list.
Browse Download Location to choose where you want to save it on your Mac.
Choose the Download Format pull-down menu to pick a format at the bottom of the window, such as, MPEG-2 (native), QuickTime MPEG-4 (iPod) and custom MPEG-4 format.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac:
Find more giveaway at Facebook and contact us if you have any issues.