Failed to play MKV files on Sony TV through USB port? You can easily fix the issue by transcoding MKV to Sony TV compatible format. Here is how to do it.
As a big entertainment in
our daily life, Sony TV always brings us great movie enjoyment via USB flash drive or Wifi connection. However, it is really a embarrassed thing when you tried to play common video formats like
MKV on Sony TV, only to find your Sony TV can't read the MKV file. So what's the matter? It is officially stated MKV is listed as a supported format in Sony TV tech support. If you've trouble
playing MKV files on Sony TV, read on for details.
Why Sony TV won't play some certain MKV files?
As far as we know, video codec, bitrate, resolution all decide the compatibility of the video on Sony TV. An MKV is a container. Different MP4 files tend to contain different video and audio codecs. The MKV files with unsupported audio (i.e. MKV DTS files) or video codec certainly can't be played on Sony TV.
How to make these incompatible MKV files playable on Sony TV?
To solve "Sony TV not playing MKV" issue, a widely recommended solution is convert MKV to Sony TV more compatible MKV format for USB playback.
All tools you'll need to convert video to Sony (Bravia) TV:
1. USB mobile hard disk or flash disk. The disk file systems should be FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, or exFAT for Sony TV acceptable.
2. Video Converter software - Here Dimo Video Converter Ultimate is an easy-to-use tool to help you fast and batch convert MKV to Sony TV supported file formats with zero quality loss on matter what models your Sony TV are, like Sony Bravia TV, Sony KDL-46HX820 TV, Sony KDL46EX521 TV, Sony KDL-46EX520 TV or other models. The program also supports encoding/re-encoding many other popular video formats like MKV, FLV, AVI, VOB, MOV, MP4, AVCHD, Tivo, MXF, MVI and more.
Besides, it has editing tools to help you trim, rotate crop add effects, watermarks, etc. to your MKV videos before you convert them. The program can convert videos at high speed while ensuring quality output. The conversion takes a few minutes, and it preserves the original quality of audios and videos thus ensuring zero quality loss. Dimo Video Converter Ultimate is compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 10.7 or later, including 10.11 El Capitan and 10.12 Sierra. If you're using a Mac, simply turn to the Mac MP4 to Sony TV Converter, which has the same function with the Windows version. Here is how to do it.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate (Win/Mac):
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2140_4-77472903.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo-video-converter-ultimate/nsyrihrb.html
- Softpedia Download: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate.shtml
- windows7download: http://www.windows7download.com/win7-dimo-video-converter-ultimate/bpphgnww.html
Steps to convert
MKV to Sony TV compatible formats
Step 1. Load MKV files
Launch the MKV to Sony TV Converter and then click "Add File" button to add the MKV files. You can also directly drag and drop your MKV videos to the program.
Step 2. Choose the output format
Click "Select Format" bar to select "Sony TV" from "TV" as a proper format for playing on Sony TV. The preset is specially designed for Sony TVs and also contains the best video settings for playback on your Sony TV.
Tip: Before start the MKV conversion for Sony TV, you can click the Settings icon and adjust the video size, video bitrate, codec, frame rate, audio sample rate, etc parameters, so that you can get a decent video on your Smart TV.
Step 3. Begin the conversion
Hit the big "Start" button to kick off the MKV to Sony TV conversion. After the conversion, you can transfer the files onto your hard drive and then play it back on your Sony TV via the USB cable, or share converted video files to Sony TV wirelessly.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Windows is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 PCs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 PCs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; ConvertBlu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Win/Mac)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.