Want to watch WMV videos easily on Apple TV 4/3/2/1? Now follow this article on Apple TV (4) to play WMV files smoothly!
Apple TV is a fantastic digital media player that enables us to enjoy a variety of movies, videos,
TV shows and music on our widescreen HDTV with our friends and family. However, not all video formats can be accepted by Apple TV. According to Apple TV users feedback and comments,
many of them are in trouble, playing some format video, such as WMV, FLV, MKV and
so on. As far as I know, the current existing two official and free methods to stream video files to Apple TV from computer - whether iTunes or AirPlay both don't recognize WMV as the input
format. So you need a wonderful video tool to convert WMV to Apple TV!
Here the an easy workaround to get your WMV video working with Apple TV effortlessly is to change the format from WMV to Apple TV friendly format, like MP4, MOV or M4V. There are a long list of converter programs available and one of the best names in this category is Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
For using video in devices like Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Android and many more, the smart converting tool even offers some optimized presets to make your conversion simpler. If you're a Windows user, you can toDimo Video Converter Ultimate, which can help you encode/re-encode WMV to Apple TV supported file format on Windows PC (Windows 10 included).Just download, install and launch this great Apple TV video converter and then follow the tutorial to play WMV files through Apple TV 4/3/2/1 smoothly.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.soft32.com/
Step by Step instructions to convert WMV to Apple TV compatible format
Step 1. Import WMV videos
Install and launch the WMV Converter for Apple TV, and click "Add File > Add multi-files" or "Add File > Add Folder" button to load your WMV files. Then the uploaded files will appear as thumbnails on the software interface. The software supports batch conversion so that you can add several WMV files to convert at one time. You can also download and add Internet torrents movies to Apple TV.
Step 2. Select Apple TV compatible format
Click on the dropdown menu of "Select Format" to open drop down menu. Click "Device > Apple". The Apple TV 4/3/2/1 output format is optimized to contain best settings for ATV WMV playback process. Then you can set the output folder by clicking "..." icon as you need.
Step 3: Adjust audio and video parameters
Click the "Settings" icon and you will go into a new interface named "Profile Settings". You can adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.
You can take the following adjustment as your reference:
- Video-codec: H.264, Resolution: 1920*1080, Frame Rate: 24 fps, Bit rate: higher value
- Audio-codec: AAC, Channel: 2 Channels stereo, Sample Rate: 44100Hz, Bit Rate: higher value
To get AC3 5.1 auido files, you can set audio codec to AC3 and change audio channels to
Step 4. Start converting WMV to Apple TV (4)
Next click the "Start" button at the bottom right corner to initiate the WMV to Apple TV conversion. After conversion, get converted video files for transferring to ATV (4) from Mac/Windows. In this way, you can get WMV files playable on Apple TV (4) without problems.
How to play converted WMV on Apple TV (4) smoothly
Method 1 – AirPlay Video from Mac to Apple TV with iTunes
1. Upgrade iTunes to the latest version since AirPlay requires iTunes version 10.2 or later. Usually a update message will pop up when you open the iTunes, just click "Download iTunes" icon. Or you can click Help -> Check for upates under the iTunes menu.
2. Connect Apple TV to big screen and check the update, and turn on airplay in setting.
3. Make sure Apple TV and Mac under the same network.
4. Open iTunes, locate and click AirPlay icon. Select the device you want to stream based on different multimedia. If you want to stream photos or videos, choose Apple TV. While if you want to stream music, you may need AirPort Express to control those speakers or receivers. What's the best is your speakers and receivers are AirPlay-enabled.
5. Then the contents in iTunes will show on TV directly. And iTunes will become the control panel.
Method 2 – AirPlay Mirroring Video from Mac to Apple TV
Cause airplay supports only several main media formats, to mirror everything in Mac to big screen directly via Apple TV, just turn to AirPlay mirroring.
AirPlay mirroring is only available when you upgrade the devices to latest version: Apple TV should be 2nd generation or later with software update v5.0 or later and Mac OS should update to OS X Mountain Lion or later
AirPlay mirroring button will show on Mac menu bar automatically if your Mac supports this function and under the same network. Click it to choose the device you want to mirror.
It supports to optimize image quality by using resolution matching model. 2 options for you: match desktop size to Apple TV or this Mac depends on your requirements.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.