Have a big Blu-ray collection and would like to stream Blu-ray to Amazon Fire TV for playback via Plex server? This article gives the easiest solution.
Amazon Fire TV (2) is a
small black box designed to connect your High Definition TV to online entertainment. With high configuration, it delivers 4x faster streaming speed than that of Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast. Fire TV allows
you to play any uploaded to amazon Cloud Drive pictures or video of Cloud services, but if you want to play is stored in the local or the content of the Blu-ray including Blu-ray rentals, there are a few applications that can
help you. Well, this article will give you the answer how to stream Blu-ray to Amazon Fire TV via Plex for enjoyment.
To play Blu-ray in Fire TV via Plex, a Blu-ray ripping program is needed. Here Dimo Video Converter Ultimate is highly recommended to help you rip Blu-ray movies to Fire TV formats (H.263, H.264, MPEG4-SP, VC1) with fast speed and high output video quality. In addition to Fire TV supported video format, it can also rip and convert Blu-ray to all other regular video formats like MPEG, FLV, AVI, WMV, 3GP, MOV, lossless mkv, etc. Even backing up Blu-ray to ISO is supported. If you are using Amazon Fire TV to view Blu-ray files with Plex on Mac (including 10.12 Sierra), try Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac to convert Blu-ray format to use over Fire TV.
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2140_4-77472903.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo-video-converter-ultimate/nsyrihrb.html
- Softpedia Download: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/Dimo-Video-Converter-Ultimate.shtml
- windows7download: http://www.windows7download.com/win7-dimo-video-converter-ultimate/bpphgnww.html
on ripping Blu-ray to Amazon Fire TV for Plex
Step 1: Load Blu-ray movies
Insert your Blu-ray disc into your Blu-ray drive, run the Blu-ray Ripper for Fire TV and click "Add Blu-ray" icon to load movies. You can also add BDMV folder, Blu-ray ISO files are the source files for converting.
Step 2: Choose output format
Click "Select Format" bar and choose MP4 from "Format > Video", which can be recognized by Amazon Fire TV/Plex media server perfectly.
Fire TV Supported Video/Audio: H.263/H.264/MPEG4-SP/VC1 & AAC/AC-3/E-AC-3/HE-A/PCM/MP3
Step 3: Advanced profile settings
Simply click Settings bar and you can tweak the settings to your satisfaction and even save it as preset. As far as we know, Amazon Fire TV supports 1080p streaming and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound but is dependent on internet bandwidth of the user.
Step 4: Start Blu-ray to Amazon Fire TV/Plex conversion
Click "Start" button under the preview window, and the Blu-ray ripper will start the conversion from Blu-ray movies to MP4 for Amazon Fire TV. After conversion, click Open button to locate the output files. And then you can stream the converted Blu-ray video to Amazon Fire TV through Plex Media Server freely.
Generally, folder in Disk C is not recommended to place the file. Since Fire TV supports expendable USB storage, you can also plug in the USB flash drive and select it as the destination folder, which helps to saving time of copying & pasting if necessary.
How to Play ripped Blu-ray on Amazon Fire TV
Although Amazon Fire TV supporting adding external USB storage, Fire TV can not play movie/music videos in USB flash drive like Roku. So you can only depend on the airplay or stream services.
* Stream digital movie video from Kindle Fire HDX or some other devices like HTC M8, Nexus 7 and more Android devices to Amazon Fire TV fast and easily with streaming app, Plex media server etc.
* Install and upload movie Blu-ray video to Amazon cloud drive and then play Blu-ray movie on Amazon Fire TV by taping: Home -> Photos -> Select.
Now start watching Blu-ray movies via Plex on Amazon File TV Connected Samsung Sharp LG Sony etc. HD TVs.
Win (After stpes):
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Windows is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 PCs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 PCs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; ConvertBlu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Win/Mac)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Convert Blu-ray to H.265 MP4 for 4K TV
- Copy 2D/3D Blu-rays to NAS for TV watching
- Stream and Play Tivo files on Apple TV from Mac
- How to display Mac contents to projector on large screen?
- How to watch MPG/MPEG files on Samsung TV through USB
- Play Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Blu-ray on Samsung TV